PromPretty Update + Weekend Update

Hope everyone had an excellent weekend!  Ours was a busy one, but so much fun!

Friday was pretty tame.  We just had a quiet evening at home and played games and cuddled on the couch.  After the girls went to bed, Matt and I watched Survivor (I’m a die hard fan and have not missed a season or an episode since the beginning) and then we went to bed.  We were in bed by 10pm, which is good because we had a busy Saturday.

Matt went for a two hour bike ride Saturday morning and the girls and I got up and took off for the Y.  They played in the gym for KidsPlay

And then had Tennis, which they aren’t enjoying too much and say it’s boring, but we are still giving it a try.

Then we took off for Costco and got our groceries.  By the time we got home, I only had an hour to get ready for Prom.  Not sure if you remember from Friday’s post, but we attended PromPretty’s parent prom to support the fundraiser. (They had this fundraiser to help buy dresses, accessories hair/makeup for students who can not afford it on their own)

We had a pre-prom party at Alicia and Neils with some of our friends.  It was a blast!

We had a bit of a photoshoot.

And at PromPretty they had prom backdrops set up….so….more photos haha.

My girlfriend Jillian and her husband Josh took home the title of Prom Queen and Prom King in their 80’s inspired outfits.  Jillian made the cumberband and bowtie out of excess material she took off of her dress.

Matt went to high school (and elementary) with Jillian and Becky and Becky was actually Matt’s real prom date.

It was such a good time, thanks Lara for putting it together for us!  I hope it becomes an annual thing, because really, as a Yoga teacher, I don’t have many occasions where I get to wear heels and a fancy dress.  And thank you to Hannah Parker and Abby Buchanan for lending me their prom dresses for the event.  And special shout out to Abby for donating hers to the cause as well!

Sunday, I was up at 8:30 and food prepping for the week before I went to pick up the girls at my mom’s house.  Matt was already gone when I woke up as he was working for Tango and a wheelchair rugby event.  He was gone until 3:30.

The girls had a BLAST at my moms house, they baked four dozen cookies (thanks mom….just what I need at my house, fresh, homemade cookies) and played balloon tag, and built this craft my mom picked up from Michaels.

Then we went home and played some Jenga and cuddled on the couch.

We had Thanksgiving dinner that evening and my dads and step moms house.  It was delicious.  It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.  A nice way to end the weekend.

Alright, that’s it for today folks.  I found a really interesting letter the other day online that an anonymous mother wrote and I really connected with it.  So, I plan on sharing it with you tomorrow!

Until then,



Blissful Bhakti Babe

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *