Happy Friday all!
Got home last night and spent some time with the girls and then we headed to basketball.
I usually head upstairs to get in some cardio, but the girls REALLY wanted me to watch and I was so physically exhausted that that was okay with me as well. TMI but it’s that time of the month for me and lately it just kills me and I am hardly able to keep my eyes open by the end of the day. I had mentioned a week ago that my Doctor had tested my iron levels and they are very low. Originally, he was going to wait to get them re-tested to see if they were improving or worsening…..but seeing how tired I am (He actually said I look pale and tired….thanks, haha) that he wanted me to start the supplement NOW. Thank you!!! I am so thankful I stayed and watched because it was ADORABLE! Watching them run with the ball in their hand without dribbling ONCE and trying to score and pass….it was so, so cute!
So, speaking of the doctor, I had my test results come in and had an appointment to discuss them yesterday. Turns out I’m ALLERGIC to dairy and have been since childhood and have an intolerance to gluten and eggs.
I was really banking on it only being a gluten issue….I LOVE cheese and LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I’m sad, but really want to get off all my meds and have my esophagus and eczema and belly “issues” go away/heal….so I’m going to give it a go.
Had book club last night, I struggled to get there since I was so tired, but I knew I would enjoy myself and enjoy seeing my girlfriends, so I’m happy I went.
It was nice seeing everyone, and we went to Five Bridges (which I LOVE), but it was hard not getting a beer as they have a good selection there. At least I had this summer and enjoyed as much beer as I could haha.
Five Friday Favs
1. I LOVE the simplicity of these rings and ya’ll know how much I LOVE gemstones. So, I asked Sarah Jayne if she could make me this and she said YES! I’m super pumped about it!
2. I mean….c’mon! Disney Princess AND HP!?!?!?
3. Anyone use these? They are supposed to be really good for your skin and help to calm you and alleviate stress. Thoughts?
4. I got this last weekend and the Legs for Literacy Expo. There was a guy there who makes these himself. They are to hang your medals on. I have quite a few from my running days (and hopefully will again some day soon once my heel heals, haha, heel heals….English teacher humour) and Matt has a TON, so now they can be displayed in a nice way.
5. My new GARMIN FORERUNNER!!!! I am in LOVE. I’ve been watching this baby for over a year now (since my last Garmin stopped working) but have been waiting for a sale or deal….which never happens. However, when I was at the expo, they were $20 dollars off, so I went for it! And I am obsessed. It connects with your phone, shows your texts, FB msgs, etc., and also does heart rate, calories, time, distance, steps, and stores run information. It’s pretty incredible! I highly recommend….no more heart monitor straps!
Alright- pretty easy weekend. No plans, laying low, catching up on sleep and family time. Also- a birthday party for one of the girls’ friends.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Blissful Bhakti Babe