Well, I definitely LOVE my job and have always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember, but I won’t lie, snow days are just as exciting to me now as they were when I was in school as a student.
I sure wasn’t expecting one this early on in the year, but was more than content to snuggle up with the girls on the coach to watch some Christmas movies.
Of course, I was up at 5, and at the gym:
Because I did not know if school would be cancelled or not, so I went on with my morning as if it wasn’t going to be cancelled.
But once I knew it was, I decided, hey why not go check out the new Costco as I haven’t gotten groceries yet. The girls and I bundled up (them still in their PJ’s) and we picked up my mom and took off. We got there shortly after they opened (today they opened at 8:30) and it was a good time to go. It was pretty busy, but when we left it was INSANE busy with cars LINED up past the lights to turn into the driveway.
Of course, THIS was the first thing I saw, and I want it sooooo bad. I sent a picture of it off to Matt and he said “as if” haha.
The store is SO huge that we didn’t actually get through it all. It was becoming quite the zoo, so we just got what we needed and took off. I was able to sneak in a few Christmas gifts for the girls without them seeing too, so that was nice.
Lily wants a doll house so badly for Christmas, and I think we are getting her the old one that her grandparents made for Matt and his sisters, but THIS one was at Costco, and it was pretty tempting.
Also, they were giving out EPIC samples, like whole croissants and half of those HUGE Costco muffins, and packages of Werthers a bags of ziplocks. It was insane. Also, I couldn’t eat any of the samples because of my dairy/egg/gluten thing (gluten until my belly is healed hopefully SOON!) but….they had macaroons….I’m not sure if this was against the rules, but I have been BANG on since the doctor diagnosed me…..but I ate three and don’t regret it…..well…..I guess I kinda do….because I’m paying for it this afternoon.
When we got home, we turned on Tim Allen’s Santa Clause (my favourite) and cuddled on the couch. Then we played Candy Land, which was not fun at ALL because the girls were either crying over being behind one another or CHEATING.
And then we made our Santa list, using the one I created yesterday. And this is what they want.
Now they are outside playing in the snow. It’s peaceful in here, haha.
Five Friday Favs, or more because I’m an English teacher not a math teacher.
1. It’s snowing, so that means I can wear my Christmas earrings. I won’t take out the OBNOXIOUS, long dangly Christmas Bulbs, Presents, and Christmas tree earrings yet, but I can wear the studs, like these guys.
2. One of my favourite things this time of year is Egg Nog, which I clearly can’t drink but usually have when I decorate the tree. I decorated without it, but was sad….until I found THIS at Sobeys….will have to go over to someone’s house and decorate their tree with this in hand.
3. If you know me, you know I’m OBSESSED with red and black plaid (as I sit here with my red and black plaid housecoat and socks on) so when I saw THIS I couldn’t help myself. So warm and cozy.
4. I’m trying to find alternate protein options other than yogurt, babybels, and eggs, so I was pretty happy to find these three things.
5. Also, I showed you my nutcracker wrapping paper, which I’m excited about, but I also found THIS and was equally excited.
6. These yummy gluten, dairy, egg free coconut cluster snacks.
7. And the fact that there is a Starbucks on the way home from Costco now, so I stopped and got a Matcha tea. Yum!
And by the way, by the time I got to this point of my blog post, the girls were back inside from playing outside….didn’t last too long. I can understand, it’s pretty dark out there, no one else is out playing and it is not snowman weather. Oh well, at least they got outside twice today!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Blissful Bhakti Babe