Happy Friday! And it’s a loooooong weekend! Wahooo! We are headed to PEI this weekend. The girls are staying with my mom and Matt and I are going downtown and staying in Grand Holman hotel. We are going to see Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar. I am BEYOND excited! I LOVE all of his work, and one of my FAVOURITE songs, I Don’t Know How to Love Him is in this musical and I hear the girl is AMAZING!
And then the girls and I are staying an extra night and Matt heads back….so he can bike. Are we surprised?
So, yesterday we had a pretty chill morning. Just lazed around the house and then had a lazy lunch. Don’t judge.
But then, I was itching to get out, so we piled into the car and took off for Hopewell Rocks. It’s only about 20 minutes away.
When we got there, we realized that the girls got in FREE because they are five (for five more days- so good timing!) And it takes about 15 minutes to hike down to the Rocks now. The girls did a great job.
It was overcast when we got there and a bit chilly, but about 20 minutes later the sun was out and it was HOT!
We had a great time, and sat down on the ocean floor for snacks before hiking back up.
It is crazy to think that a few hours after we left, this is all under water. How lucky are we to live in a place where we can visit such beautiful spots within less than an hours drive?
And look at the difference between when we got there and when we left. Overcast to sunny and beautiful.
And then we hiked back up and the girls hiked through the woods as I used the path.
On our way home, we stopped by this beautiful pottery place. She has her pottery but also other artisans represented as well, included Sarah Jayne Designs which I was excited about.
And then we HAD to stop at the Cinnamon Soul Cafe.
They have the BEST cinnamon rolls around and they also have Pumphouse Beer on tap now too!
The girls were REALLY happy about the size of the rolls, haha.
It was a good day! And they were really well behaved the whole time!
Five Friday Favs
1. Ok, so my dad and step mom have this cool pottery piece that holds butter. The Butter sits upside down and the design makes it so the butter stays SOFT and easily spreadable. I’ve wanted one ever since I saw theirs, so when we were at the pottery place in Fundy, I saw one and bought it. Super excited!
2. And they had these beautiful bracelets there with Rumi quotes on them, I loved this one- “Shine like the universe is yours”- Rumi and only $15. Super cute.
3. I got this ring the other week at the Mosaic fair downtown. It is also made from a local artisan.
4. My new tank reppin’ Crystal from Sandy Toe Shop at the gym this morning, aka- East Coast Mermaid Girl. Homeward Bound Edition.
5. This set up at Party City (I went to get Unicorn Decorations for the girls birthday party) and saw this and want to wear it ALL! I love raindbows.
6. Saw this book and now I want to have it. It is so cute, and breaks down poses for kids.
7. These pics showing the girls making their jewelry boxes. Love it!
Ok, that was 7 and not 5, bonus week! Haha.
Have a great long weekend and we will see you Monday!
Blissful Bhakti Babe