It’s Friday, Friday, Friday! (now do you all have that horrible song in your head?) Haha, sorry if you do!
Today is Matt’s birthday!!! So, I celebrated by going to the gym SUPER early- for 5:30 – so I would be home by 7:30 to celebrate before he left for work.
The girls were super excited to give him his gifts. He asked for a push mop/broom haha, which I’m excited about because now he can help with the floors. Leah gave him that and then Lily gave him the gift with clothes. Three pairs of pants, two shirts and a jacket. I spoil him because he NEVER buys himself clothes, and he needs them!
And this weekend we are headed to the cottage as yesterday was Denise’s birthday (Matt’s mom) so we will celebrate both of them again this weekend at the River. This morning Lily noticed this fact and said, “But what a second, Nanny’s birthday was yesterday.” And Matt said, “yes we always celebrated together because our birthdays are only one day apart.” I could tell this was making her think, so I said, “Nanny had her birthday and then the next day she had a baby” to which she replied, “And named him Daddy.” Hahaha, not quite kiddo….that would be creepy!
We are headed to Magic Mountain tomorrow as well, BEFORE we head to the cottage. Every year, the Moncton Multiple Group- a group that supports women and families with multiples, puts on events and one of them is at Magic Mountain. We don’t want to miss it as we usually do and so we are headed there in the morning and then the cottage in the afternoon.
Should be a fun weekend!
Yesterday was a rainy day, so the girls and I ran some errands. We went to do a Costco run, and my licence was expired so we went to renew it. We must have gone at the PERFECT time because we lucked out and had NO wait at all!
Then, we went to the library to meet up with my sister and her kids. We had signed the kids up for the Science hour from 3-4, so we meet at 2:30 and played around until it started.
They had a blast in the Science room. They made sling launchers, and had a fun time MAKING it, and then playing with it after.
Then we signed some books out. It was a nice way to spend a rainy day, and always great to see my sister and Claire and Wyatt.
Five Friday Favs
1. PB2 is back at Costco and now they not only have the regular kind, they have the CHOCOLATE kind! It’s my favourite, but Costco is HALF the price as any of the supplement stores, so I’ve been just having the regular kind until now. It’s also Matts’ favourite, so he was PUMPED!
2. Found this Iogo yogurt that has a higher concentration of protein than the typical kind. The rest of the content is the same as the other kind, so that’s a win-win!
3. So Costco has not had my Mango Salsa lately :(, so I have been putting this Bruschetta in my salads instead. Not bad sodium, and only 20 calories for 2 tablespoons- way better than salad dressing, and WAY yummier! Give it a try!
4. I grew up in my sisters hand-me-downs and LOVED it as I adored my sister and wanted to be just like her. So, it feels only natural that Lily and Leah should grow up in Claire’s hand-me-downs! They adore her and so any time we get clothes from her, it’s like Christmas! We got some at the library yesterday, and today, they are in them already!
5. These Veggie sticks are such a great healthy alternative to chips, and the girls love them. These ones are individually wrapped, so we only use them when we are going somewhere like the cottage, or beach as they are easy to transport. We usually get the big bags for home. So yummy!
Alright, that’s it for this week! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and we will see you Monday!
Blissful Bhakti Babe