Hey loves- this is my first Wednesday Pose of the day! My video didn’t work- so I adjusted accordingly. Hope you enjoy! xoxo
Wednesday Pose of the Day- Virabhadrasana 1/Warrior 1
- Begin in Tadasana (Mountain Pose) at the top of your mat.
2. Step back with a foot (lets start with the left) so that your left foot is about three to four feet behind your right. (this will vary depending on your height)
3. The back foot should be pointing out at about a 45 degree angle. (picture a clock- you are pointing at ten o’clock with your left food and 2 o’clock with your right) Make sure the ENTIRE foot is rooted to the ground. This will make it easier to centre your hips to the front of your mat. Make sure you are rooting the back edge of that back foot to the earth.
4. Now bend the front knee (right knee) into a lunge. Making sure that the knee does not surpass the toes or ankle. (you should be able to see the big toe if you look down at your knee. The knee should be stacked on top of the ankle.
5. Hips face forward as much as they can ***If this feels uncomfortable, perhaps you need TWO lanes with your feet. Picture your mat like there are lanes of a street on it. Your heels typically line up in this pose, but if you are having a hard time squaring your hips centre, then step apart, taking two lanes up instead of one.
6. Now you can DECORATE your pose with your arms. Typically, we want to lift our arms up and overhead with the hands facing each other. But we also want to make sure that the shoulders are relaxed and that the arms are not HUGGING our ears, or are shrugging upwards. If this is uncomfortable- then feel free to draw the hands down to heart centre. Spread your fingers- YOGI Fingers!
7. And stay in this pose for 4 to 7 breaths.
8. Both legs are engaged and working. There should be equal weight on both. You are leaning back so that the back foot is totally rooted, but also leaning forward into your lunge. It is as though there is a magnet between the thighs pulling them together as you push out. And remember- torso stays straight up.
9. Act as though there is a string at the crown of the head, pulling you up as though you were a puppet doll. It is keeping your torso straight and the chin slightly tucked to elongate the neck.
****I had a video of myself explaining it, but it wouldn’t download….so a step by step with stills from the video is what I came up with. A minor glitch….I will figure out the video thing soon! xoxo
I was a bit under the weather yesterday, but coming out of it today. And boy, does the sun ever help!!!
Picked the girls up and they had some time to play outside. My mom and her friend stopped by as they were out for a walk, and then my friend Amy (who lives down the street) stopped by with her boys and the kids had a blast playing together.
We sat down and had some supper.
And then the girl discovered a new game- jumping from one couch to the other….it was kind of neat seeing them discover this and work hard towards perfecting the jump.
And then my little builder, Lily, got to work with her blocks
And build a house for her pony.
And of course, there is always time for some gymnastics practice!
After the girls went to bed, my wonderful hubby sat down and worked with me on my blog. My email email@example.com wasn’t working and I wasn’t receiving my emails….so he helped me figure it out. Gotta love him!
Time flew by though and we lost track of time and got to bed WAY to late (after 10!!!!!) and so 4:42 came WAY too early this morning…..it was rough haha.
Came home though to find Lily helping daddy with breakfast….haha…..can you guess why she volunteered to help??
Alright- it’s hump day! Hope you all have a fabulous day!!! xoxo
Blissful Bhakti Babe